(14-12, 3-8 away)
Illinois State 79
(16-10, 11-5 home)
Venue: Redbird Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||W Lemon Jr. 15
||J Eastman 7
||J Eastman 4
||J Carmichael 27
||J Carmichael 13
||T Brown 5
On Wednesday, Feb. 13, Illinois State took on Bradley and easily took down the Braves 79-59 in conference play. The game was still close at the half, with Illinois State up 32-31, but Bradley couldn't keep pace in the second half and was blown out. The Redbirds tie the season series against Bradley at 1-1 with the win. Jackie Carmichael earned a double-double in the Redbirds win with a game-high 27 points and 13 rebounds. Tyler Brown got his third straight game with 22 points or more, scoring 22 points (8 Reb 5 Ast) in 32 minutes. Tyler Brown also had an excellent outing, scoring 22 points and adding eight rebounds. Jake Eastman got 11 points and seven rebounds for the Braves. Illinois State (16-10, 7-7 The Valley) gets Wichita State (20-5, 9-4 The Valley) on their home court on Sunday, Feb. 17.
Illinois State Game Notes
- The last time IllSt started the season 16-10 was 2011.
- The win over Bradley extended the Illinois State winning streak to four games.
- IllSt beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Redbirds have beaten the spread.
- This was the seventh blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, IllSt has been on the winning end of 28 blowout games.
- The Redbirds have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 79 or more total points.
- Illinois State has won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) when its field goal percentage has been 47.4 percent or better.
- Illinois State has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- IllSt has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- IllSt has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 35.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Illinois State has won 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Tyler Brown plays 32 minutes or more and 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Jackie Carmichael has seven free throws made or more.
- IllSt set a season low for steals (three).
- The Redbirds have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--IllSt has a 13.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jackie Carmichael accounted for 34.1 percent of the team's points.
- Jackie Carmichael accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 20 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Jackie Carmichael's career.
- Jackie Carmichael has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 32nd of his career.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Tyler Brown's career.
- Tyler Brown has three straight 20+ point games.
- Tyler Brown had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
Bradley Game Notes
- This was the third blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, BU has been on the losing end of 12 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Walt Lemon Jr. and Jake Eastman) accounted for 44.0 percent of the points.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has led the team in scoring 13 times in 26 games this season.
- Tyshon Pickett has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Tyshon Pickett.
|B||Walt Lemon Jr.||35||15||4||3||0||1||4|