Ball State 56
(10-13, 4-6 away)
Northern Illinois 52
(5-18, 3-8 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (IL)
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||J Scaife 23
||M Majok 10
||J Scaife 4
||A Christian 14
||K Gray 9
||T Baker 3
Ball State won on the road against Northern Illinois 56-52 in MAC play on Wednesday, Feb. 13. Jauwan Scaife was exceptional for the Cardinals and put up a game-high 23 points and four assists. Majok Majok had seven points and added 10 rebounds. For the Huskies, Antone Christian got a season-high 14 points and four rebounds. Ball State (10-13, 4-7 MAC) takes on Eastern Michigan (11-13, 4-6 MAC) on Saturday, Feb. 16 at home.
Ball State Game Notes
- The last time BallSt started the season 10-13 was 2003.
- BallSt beat the spread by six points. That makes the 9th time this season the Cardinals have beaten the spread.
- The Cardinals have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Ball State is 23-30 in close games.
- BallSt has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record four or fewer steals.
- This season Ball State has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Marcus Posley has 10 points or more and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Jauwan Scaife has four assists or more.
- Ball State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- Jauwan Scaife accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's points.
- Majok Majok accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 23 games this season.
- Majok Majok has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Jauwan Scaife's career.
- Jauwan Scaife has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Majok Majok recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Matt Kamieniecki had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- The Huskies have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Illinois is 16-29 in close games.
- This loss extended the Huskies losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Antone Christian and Darrell Bowie) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- Kevin Gray has led the team in rebounding six times in 23 games this season.
- Kevin Gray set career highs with nine rebounds and six offensive rebounds.
- Antone Christian set a career high with four three-pointers.