Ball State 56
(10-13, 4-6 away)
Northern Illinois 52
(5-18, 3-8 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (IL)
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||J Scaife 23
||M Majok 10
||J Scaife 4
||A Christian 14
||K Gray 9
||T Baker 3
Northern Illinois was beaten at home by Ball State 56-52 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 13. The Huskies were led by Antone Christian, who put up a season-high 14 points and four rebounds. Travon Baker had six points and added five rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Cardinals, Jauwan Scaife finished with a game-high 23 points and four assists. Northern Illinois (5-18, 3-8 MAC) goes to Western Michigan (15-9, 7-4 MAC) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- The last time NIU started the season 5-18 was 1998.
- The Huskies have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Illinois is 16-29 in close games.
- Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording 52 or fewer total points.
- The Huskies have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after having a field goal percentage of 34.7 percent or worse.
- Northern Illinois has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after committing 11 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 33 or more rebounds this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-14).
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Northern Illinois has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- This is the 11th game at home this season--NIU has a -6.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Antone Christian and Darrell Bowie) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- Kevin Gray has led the team in rebounding in six out of 23 games this season.
- Kevin Gray had career highs with nine rebounds and six offensive rebounds.
- Antone Christian had a career high with four three-pointers.
Ball State Game Notes
- Jauwan Scaife accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's points.
- Majok Majok accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring 10 times in 23 games this season.
- Majok Majok has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Jauwan Scaife's career.
- Jauwan Scaife has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Majok Majok recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Matt Kamieniecki set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.