(22) Memphis 93
(21-3, 15-1 home)
Venue: FedEx Forum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||I Sykes 17
||I Sykes 6
||C Newell Jr. 4
||J Jackson 21
||G Johnson 9
||J Jackson 10
No. 22 Memphis smoked UCF 93-71 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 13. Joe Jackson got a game-high 21 points and 10 assists (4 Reb 3 Stl) for the Tigers, earning a double-double. Geron Johnson had 19 points and added nine rebounds. For the Knights, Daiquan Walker got 14 points on 83.3 percent shooting. Memphis (21-3, 10-0 C-USA) heads to Marshall (11-14, 4-6 C-USA) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Memphis Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:55 left to go.
- Memphis started 21-3 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over UCF extended the Memphis winning streak to 15 games.
- Memphis beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- This was the fifth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Memphis has been on the winning end of 59 blowout games.
- The Tigers have won every game this season (7-0) after recording seven or more three-pointers.
- Memphis has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when its three-point percentage has been 38.9 percent or better.
- Memphis has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- Memphis has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer assists.
- This season Memphis has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Chris Crawford has 10 points or more, 93 percent of the time (13-1) when Joe Jackson plays 33 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Geron Johnson has seven field goals made or more.
- The Tigers set season highs for assists (28), field goals made (38), and field goal percentage (58.5).
- The last time Memphis recorded at least 28 assists was Nov 23, 2010 against Tennessee-Martin.
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Memphis has a 14.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Joe Jackson recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10 and assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (Joe Jackson and Geron Johnson) accounted for 43.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Geron Johnson and D.J. Stephens) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Joe Jackson has led the team in scoring in eight out of 24 games this season.
- Geron Johnson has led the team in rebounding in three out of 24 games this season.
- Geron Johnson has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Joe Jackson's career.
- Joe Jackson recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Joe Jackson had career highs with 10 field goals made and 10 assists.
- Adonis Thomas has three straight double-digit point games.
UCF Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, UCF has been on the losing end of 16 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Isaiah Sykes and Daiquan Walker) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Isaiah Sykes and Tristan Spurlock) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Isaiah Sykes has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding seven times in 24 games this season.
- Isaiah Sykes has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Tristan Spurlock has three straight double-digit point games.
|C+||C. Newell Jr.||34||7||1||4||2||0||3|