(18-6, 4-4 away)
(11) Butler 67
(20-5, 12-1 home)
Venue: Hinkle Fieldhouse
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||P Henry 17
||D Clark 9
||P Henry 3
||R Clarke 18
||E Fromm 9
||R Clarke 3
Even though they entered the game as a 12-point favorite, No. 11 Butler lost in a stunner to Charlotte 71-67 in conference play. The Bulldogs got a good effort from Roosevelt Jones, who put up 17 points and nine rebounds. Erik Fromm had a season-high 13 points and added nine rebounds. For the 49ers, Pierra Henry finished with a team-high 17 points and four rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when Butler (20-5, 7-3 A-10) heads to Fordham (6-18, 2-7 A-10).
Butler Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Butler is 41-23 in close games.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Butler has a 13.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Rotnei Clarke and Roosevelt Jones) accounted for 52.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Roosevelt Jones and Erik Fromm) accounted for 56.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 25 games this season.
- Roosevelt Jones has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 25 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Roosevelt Jones.
- Rotnei Clarke has six straight double-digit point games.
Charlotte Game Notes
- The 49ers won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Charlotte is 28-31 in close games.
- The top two rebounders (Darion Clark and Chris Braswell) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Pierra Henry has led the team in scoring four times in 24 games this season.
- Darion Clark has led the team in rebounding five times in 24 games this season.