(11-14, 2-10 away)
East Carolina 74
(14-9, 11-3 home)
Venue: Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||R Rucker 14
||R Williams 9
||T Jones 4
||M Kemp 23
||R Sampson 7
||M Paul 11
UAB faced off with East Carolina on Wednesday, Feb. 13 and lost in front of the home crowd against the Pirates 74-61 in conference play. The Blazers stay winless against East Carolina this season at 0-2. The Blazers were paced by Rod Rucker, who got a team-high 14 points and nine rebounds. Robert Williams also contributed, scoring nine points and adding nine rebounds. Miguel Paul got a double-double for the Pirates on 11 points and 11 assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). UAB (11-14, 3-7 C-USA) takes on Rice (5-18, 1-9 C-USA) on Saturday, Feb. 16 at home.
UAB Game Notes
- UAB started 11-14 during the 2011 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- UAB has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- The Blazers have lost 82 percent of the time this season (2-9) after having a field goal percentage of 42.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.1 percent or better this season, UAB has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, UAB has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, UAB has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- The top two scorers (Rod Rucker and Fahro Alihodzic) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rod Rucker and Robert Williams) accounted for 56.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 18 times in 25 games this season.
- Rod Rucker has three straight double-digit point games.
- Robert Williams had career highs with nine rebounds and five offensive rebounds.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Preston Purifoy.
East Carolina Game Notes
- Maurice Kemp accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's points.
- Maurice Kemp has led the team in scoring 16 times in 23 games this season.
- Robert Sampson has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 23 games this season.
- This game was the seventh double-digit assist game of Miguel Paul's career.
- Miguel Paul recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and seventh of his career.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Maurice Kemp's career.
- Maurice Kemp has three straight 20+ point games.
- Ty Armstrong has six straight double-digit point games.