DePaul lost at home against No. 21 Notre Dame 82-78 in overtime on Wednesday, Feb. 13. With the loss, the Blue Demons remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. The Blue Demons got 20 points and six assists (4 Reb 3 Stl) from Brandon Young. Cleveland Melvin had a game-high 23 points and added four rebounds. For the Fighting Irish, Jerian Grant got a team-high 21 points and nine assists. This makes three losses in a row for the Blue Demons. DePaul (10-14, 1-10 Big East) gets Rutgers (13-10, 4-8 Big East) at home on Saturday, Feb. 16.
DePaul Game Notes
- DePaul started 10-14 during the 2007 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- DePaul beat the spread by seven points. That makes the 11th time this season the Blue Demons have beaten the spread.
- DePaul has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Blue Demons have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 1-10.
- The Blue Demons have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, DePaul is 18-34 in close games.
- Prior to this game, DePaul played 42 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 1-41.
- When the opposition records 82 or more total points this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 45.5 percent or better this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 44 or more rebounds this season, DePaul has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- DePaul set season lows for free throws made (four) and turnovers (seven).
- DePaul has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past nine games.
- The top two scorers (Cleveland Melvin and Brandon Young) accounted for 55.1 percent of the points.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Cleveland Melvin's career.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Brandon Young's career.
- Brandon Young has six straight double-digit point games.
- Donnavan Kirk had career highs with 16 points and seven field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jamee Crockett.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- The Fighting Irish won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Notre Dame is 28-18 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jerian Grant and Jack Cooley) accounted for 45.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jack Cooley and Tom Knight) accounted for 40.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Jerian Grant has led the team in scoring nine times in 25 games this season.
- Jack Cooley has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Jerian Grant's career.
- Jerian Grant has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Jack Cooley recorded the 33rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jack Cooley has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jack Cooley recorded a double-double. It was his 17th this season and 30th of his career.