(6-19, 1-14 away)
(14-9, 9-3 home)
Venue: Cintas Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||M Thomas 23
||R Canty 10
||M Thomas 5
||S Christon 19
||T Taylor 9
||S Christon 5
Xavier topped Fordham 79-66 in A-10 action on Wednesday, Feb. 13. The Musketeers got the win with a team-high 19 points and five assists from Semaj Christon. Travis Taylor also had a good game, scoring 10 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Rams, Mandell Thomas finished with a game-high 23 points on 53.3 percent shooting. Xavier (13-9, 6-3 A-10) takes on Dayton (13-11, 3-7 A-10) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on the road.
Xavier Game Notes
- The last time XU started the season 14-9 was 2003.
- The Musketeers have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording six or more three-pointers.
- Xavier has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when its field goal percentage has been 47.9 percent or better.
- XU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 27 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Xavier has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Dee Davis has 10 points or more, 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Semaj Christon plays 36 minutes or more, and 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Justin Martin has four field goals made or more.
- The Musketeers set a season high for free throws made (27).
- The last time XU recorded at least 27 free throws made was Jan 25, 2012 against Saint Louis.
- The Musketeers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- Xavier has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 10 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--XU has a 9.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Semaj Christon and Justin Martin) accounted for 44.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Travis Taylor and Justin Martin) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Semaj Christon has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 23 games this season.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 23 games this season.
- Semaj Christon has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Taylor has three straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Martin had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Fordham Game Notes
- This loss extended the Rams losing streak to five games.
- Mandell Thomas accounted for 34.8 percent of the team's points.
- Ryan Canty accounted for 37.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Canty has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 25 games this season.
- Ryan Canty recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Mandell Thomas's career.