|Purdue||T Johnson 12.7||A Hammons 6.8||R Johnson 3.8|
|Illinois||B Paul 17.3||N Egwu 4.7||T Abrams 3.4|
On Wednesday, Illinois hosts Purdue at Assembly Hall (IL). The game tips off at 9 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Big Ten Network. The Fighting Illini lost to the Boilermakers 68-61 on Jan. 2 and are 2-8 against them over the last four years.
Purdue and Illinois are close in the Big Ten, holding down sixth and eigth place, respectively.
The Fighting Illini got past Minnesota 57-53 on Feb. 10 with the help of 16 points from Tyler Griffey. He contributes 3.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.4 points per game. The Boilermakers were defeated by Michigan State 78-65 on Feb. 9 despite 15 points and 8 assists from Ronnie Johnson. With 3.8 assists per game and 0.9 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- It's only wins and losses, but Illinois has a better overall record than Purdue this season (17-8 vs. 12-12).
- Since 1998, Illinois has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Purdue (11 vs. three).
- Illinois has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Purdue ($19,378 vs. $23,924).
- The Illinois three-point leader (D.J. Richardson, 60 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Purdue three-point leader (D.J. Byrd, 52 three-pointers).
- Diaper Dandies love Illinois. Illinois has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Purdue (13 vs. 5).
- Illinois has a stronger schedule than Purdue this season (SOS Rank: No. 4 vs. No. 64).
- Illinois has a better record on the road than Purdue this season (5-3 vs. 3-4).
- AP voters think more highly of Illinois and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Purdue (116 vs. 76).
- The Illinois scoring leader (Brandon Paul, 432 points) has more points than the Purdue scoring leader (Terone Johnson, 293 points).
- Even computers respect Illinois more. Illinois has a better RPI this season than Purdue (RPI: No. 25 vs. No. 130).
- Illinois has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Purdue (No. 42 vs. No. 92).