|Arizona State||J Carson 17.9||C Felix 8.0||J Carson 5.1|
|Utah||J DuBois 12.2||J Loveridge 6.8||J DuBois 3.1|
Arizona State visits Jon M. Huntsman Center on Wednesday to take on Utah. Tipoff is at 8 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Pac-12 Network. The Sun Devils beat the Utes 55-54 on Jan. 2 and are 2-1 against them over the last four years.
Utah is in 10th place in the Pac 12 and Arizona State is in fourth place.
In spite of 16 points and 10 rebounds from Carrick Felix, the Sun Devils came up short 62-59 against Stanford on Feb. 9. He is averaging 14.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 8 per game. The Utes were defeated by Oregon 73-64 on Feb. 9 despite 20 points and 7 rebounds from Jason Washburn. He is averaging 11 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.6 blocks per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Arizona State can exploit Utah, scoring, where the Sun Devils have an edge over the Utes, 72 points per game to 65 points per game.
- It's only wins and losses, but Arizona State has a better overall record than Utah this season (18-6 vs. 10-13).
- Boom! Arizona State defeated Utah by 1 point the last time they played (Jan 02, 2013).
- The Arizona State three-point leader (Jonathan Gilling, 57 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Utah three-point leader (Glen Dean, 31 three-pointers).
- The Arizona State assist leader (Jahii Carson, 123 assists) has more assists than the Utah assist leader (Jarred DuBois, 68 assists).
- Arizona State has more wins over the last 5 years than Utah (108 vs. 85).
- Arizona State has a better conference record than Utah this season (7-4 vs. 2-9).
- Jahii Carson is ranked 49th nationally in points and 50th nationally in assists.
- Arizona State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Arizona State is 213 lbs compared to 204 lbs for Utah.
- The Arizona State steals leader (Evan Gordon, 38 steals) has more steals than the Utah steals leader (Cedric Martin, 28 steals).
- Even computers respect Arizona State more. Arizona State has a better RPI this season than Utah (RPI: No. 67 vs. No. 174).