|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.9||J Michael McAdoo 8.2||M Paige 4.5|
|Duke||M Plumlee 18.2||M Plumlee 10.7||Q Cook 6.0|
North Carolina visits Cameron Indoor Stadium on Wednesday to take on No. 2 Duke. Tipoff occurs at 9 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN or ACC Network. The Tar Heels are 4-5 against the Blue Devils over the last four years. The last time they played they won 88-70 on Mar. 3, 2012.
A win here would help close the gap with Duke in the ACC, who are in second place and just above North Carolina in fourth place.
In their last outing, despite 14 points and 7 rebounds from Reggie Bullock, the Tar Heels fell to Miami (FL) 87-61 on Feb. 9. He is averaging 14 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. For the Blue Devils, Mason Plumlee finished with 19 points and 10 rebounds in the 62-61 win over Boston College on Feb. 10. He leads the team in points with 18.2 per game, rebounds with 10.7 per game, and blocks with 1.7 per game. Duke will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: turnover percentage at 15.8 percent and effective field goal percentage at 53.9 percent.
- Chapel Hill isn't as congested as Durham (population is significantly lower).
- Dexter Strickland is ranked 7th in the ACC in assists and 7th in the ACC in steals.
- Since 1998, North Carolina has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Duke (37 vs. 36).
- North Carolina has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Duke (two vs. one).
- North Carolina attacks the glass, with more rebounds (41.7 per game vs. 35.2 per game) than Duke this season.
- North Carolina has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Duke ($17,000 vs. $53,157).
- Diaper Dandies love North Carolina. North Carolina has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Duke (64 vs. 54).
- North Carolina has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Duke (three vs. two).
- James Michael McAdoo is ranked 7th in the ACC in points, 6th in the ACC in rebounds, and 6th in the ACC in steals.
- North Carolina has an average margin of victory of 10 over Duke in 39 wins since 1980.