Miami vs. Florida State: Full Game Preview
|Miami||D Scott 14.0||R Johnson 8.8||S Larkin 4.3|
|Florida State||M Snaer 13.9||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.5|
No. 3 Miami (FL) visits Donald L. Tucker Center on Wednesday to take on Florida State. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Hurricanes defeated the Seminoles 71-47 on Jan. 27 and are 3-7 against them over the past four years.
Miami (FL) is in first place in the conference, Florida State is in sixth place.
In an 87-61 beatdown of North Carolina on Feb. 9, Shane Larkin put up 18 points and 9 assists for the Hurricanes. With 4.3 assists per game and 2.2 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Seminoles, Okaro White finished with 13 points and 6 rebounds in the 71-46 loss to Wake Forest on Feb. 9. He is averaging 12 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.2 blocks per game.
Florida State StatSmack
- Miami has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (44 percent vs. 61 percent).
- Miami has a better conference record than Florida State this season (10-0 vs. 5-5).
- Even computers respect Miami more. Miami has a better RPI this season than Florida State (RPI: No. 2 vs. No. 65).
- Miami attacks the glass, with more rebounds (36.8 per game vs. 31.6 per game) than Florida State this season.
- Miami has a better scoring defense (59.0 allowed per game vs. 67.2 allowed per game) than Florida State this season.
- Miami has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Florida State this season (six vs. one).
- Miami is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Miami is 226 lbs compared to 201 lbs for Florida State.
- Coral Gables isn't as congested as Tallahassee (population is significantly lower).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Miami currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 946) than Florida State, per the NCAA.
- Miami does a better job contesting shots (37.8 percent allowed vs. 42.5 percent allowed) than Florida State this season.
- Kenny Kadji is ranked 7th in the ACC in blocks.
|C-||T. Whisnant II||20||6||1||1||1||0||0|