|UC Riverside||C Patton 13.5||J Fox 6.7||R Smith 3.0|
|UC Irvine||D Starring 13.5||A Folker 6.3||A Young 4.1|
On Wednesday, UC Irvine welcomes UC Riverside at Bren Events Center. It gets started at 10 p.m. EST. The Anteaters lost to the Highlanders 68-58 on Jan. 19 and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
UC Irvine is in fifth place in the conference, UC Riverside is in 10th place.
The Anteaters fell 78-72 to Hawaii on Feb. 9. Alex Young finished with 20 points and 7 rebounds in the loss. In addition to a team-leading 4.1 assists per game, he chips in 9 points per game. The Highlanders were defeated by Cal State Fullerton 79-67 on Feb. 9 despite 36 points and 6 rebounds from Chris Patton. His 13.5 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
There is a single key statistical area where UC Irvine can exploit UC Riverside, scoring, where the Anteaters have an edge over the Highlanders, 68 points per game to 61 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, UC Riverside performs well in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0 percent. This ranks first in the conference and 29th in the country.
UC Riverside StatSmack
- Michael Wilder is ranked 8th in the Big West in three-pointers.
- The UC Irvine rebounding leader (Adam Folker, 157 rebounds) has more rebounds than the UC Riverside rebounding leader (Josh Fox, 153 rebounds).
- The UC Irvine basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than UC Riverside (83 percent vs. 67 percent).
- The UC Irvine three-point leader (Daman Starring, 49 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the UC Riverside three-point leader (Chris Harriel, 33 three-pointers).
- UC Irvine has a potent offense, scoring more points (68.7 per game vs. 61.1 per game) than UC Riverside this season.
- UC Irvine is a better three-point shooting team (34.5 percent vs. 29.0 percent) than UC Riverside this season.
- Daman Starring is ranked 7th in the Big West in three-pointers.
- UC Irvine is better at defending the three (32.2 percent allowed vs. 37.2 percent allowed) than UC Riverside this season.
- UC Irvine has a better conference record than UC Riverside this season (6-6 vs. 2-9).
- UC Irvine has a stronger schedule than UC Riverside this season (SOS Rank: No. 184 vs. No. 238).
|C||Will Davis II||24||8||6||1||1||2||2|