UAB vs. East Carolina: Full Game Preview
|UAB||R Rucker 14.2||R Rucker 8.1||T Jones 4.0|
|East Carolina||M Kemp 18.1||R Sampson 9.1||M Paul 6.2|
UAB travels to Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum on Wednesday to take on East Carolina. Tipoff occurs at 7 p.m. EST. The Blazers fell to the Pirates 91-85 on Jan. 23 and are 5-3 against them over the last four years.
East Carolina is holding down the sixth spot in the C-USA, right above UAB in eigth place.
In their last outing, behind 18 points and 10 rebounds from Rod Rucker, the Blazers defeated Marshall 75-61 on Feb. 9. He contributes a team-leading 14.2 points per game, 8.1 rebounds per game, and 0.7 blocks per game. For the Pirates, Maurice Kemp put up 24 points and 11 rebounds in the 83-73 loss to UCF on Feb. 9. He leads the team with 18.1 points per game. One category in which East Carolina is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 17.7 percent, ranking first in their conference (and 44th nationally).
East Carolina StatSmack
- UAB is better under pressure, and has defeated East Carolina in three out of the last five games decided by five points or fewer.
- Terence Jones is ranked 8th in C-USA in assists.
- Diaper Dandies love UAB. UAB has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than East Carolina (2 vs. 0).
- UAB has more wins over the last 5 years than East Carolina (118 vs. 80).
- UAB has been the favorite 14 out of the last 16 times.
- UAB has a stronger schedule than East Carolina this season (SOS Rank: No. 78 vs. No. 83).
- The UAB rebounding leader (Rod Rucker, 186 rebounds) has more rebounds than the East Carolina rebounding leader (Robert Sampson, 181 rebounds).
- Jordan Swing is ranked 9th in C-USA in three-pointers.
- UAB has come back to win after being down at half against East Carolina three times since 2001.
- AP voters think more highly of UAB and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than East Carolina (10 vs. zero).
- UAB has an average margin of victory of 10 over East Carolina in 12 wins since 2001.