On Tuesday, February 12th, Alabama took on Georgia and got a win on the road against the Bulldogs 52-45 in conference play. The Crimson Tide got the win with eight points and five rebounds from Trevor Lacey. Trevor Releford had nine points and added three rebounds. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope got a game-high 22 points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs. Alabama (16-8, 8-3 SEC) gets South Carolina (12-11, 2-8 SEC) on their home court on Saturday, February 16th.
Alabama Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:19 left to go.
- Alabama started 16-8 during the 2011 and 2010 seasons (since 1996).
- Alabama beat the spread by six points. That makes the 9th time this season the Crimson Tide have beaten the spread.
- The Crimson Tide have won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) after recording six or more three-pointers.
- Alabama has won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) when its three-point percentage has been 33.3 percent or better.
- Alabama has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record eight or fewer free throws made.
- This season Alabama has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Rodney Cooper has 14 points or more, 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Trevor Releford has four free throws made or more, and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Trevor Lacey has five rebounds or more.
- The Crimson Tide have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Rodney Cooper and Trevor Releford) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- Rodney Cooper has led the team in scoring in three out of 24 games this season.
- Levi Randolph has led the team in rebounding in five out of 24 games this season.
- Rodney Cooper has four straight double-digit point games.
Georgia Game Notes
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope accounted for 48.8 percent of the team's points.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring 21 times and in rebounding 11 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's career.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 24 straight double-digit point games.