(4) Michigan 52
(21-4, 4-4 away)
(8) Michigan State 75
(21-4, 15-0 home)
Venue: Breslin Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||T Burke 18
||T Hardaway Jr 4
||T Burke 4
||G Harris 17
||D Valentine 9
||D Valentine 4
No. 4 Michigan lost in an upset to No. 8 Michigan State 75-52 in conference play on a night when they had 16 turnovers. The Wolverines are now 3-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Trey Burke put up a game-high 18 points and four assists in a losing effort. Nik Stauskas got 10 points and added three rebounds. For the Spartans, Gary Harris finished with a team-high 17 points (4 Reb 3 Ast 3 Stl), including 5-of-9 shooting from three-point range. This makes three losses in a row for the Wolverines. Michigan (21-4, 8-4 Big Ten) welcomes Penn State (8-15, 0-11 Big Ten) on Sunday, February 17th.
Michigan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:30 left to go.
- Prior to this game, Michigan played 54 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 15-39.
- The Wolverines have lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 39.6 percent or worse.
- The Wolverines set a season high for turnovers (16).
- The last time Michigan recorded at least 16 turnovers was Mar 10, 2012 against Ohio State.
- Michigan set season lows for assists (six), blocks (one), and total points (52).
- Michigan has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Trey Burke accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's points.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 25 games this season.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 25 games this season.
- Trey Burke has 25 straight double-digit point games.
Michigan State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Gary Harris and Derrick Nix) accounted for 41.3 percent of the points.
- Gary Harris has led the team in scoring eight times in 25 games this season.
- Denzel Valentine has led the team in rebounding four times in 25 games this season.
- Keith Appling has four straight double-digit point games.
|C-||G. Robinson III||21||2||2||1||1||0||1|
|D||Tim Hardaway Jr||32||2||4||0||0||0||1|