On Tuesday, February 12th, Indiana State let one slip away to Missouri State 67-65 in conference play. The Sycamores fall to 2-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. The Sycamores got a game-high 21 points and nine rebounds from Jake Odum. R.J. Mahurin had nine points and added eight rebounds. For the Bears, Keith Pickens finished with 11 points and nine rebounds. Next up for Indiana State (16-9, 9-5 The Valley) is Bradley (13-11, 5-7 The Valley) on Saturday, February 16th on the road.
Indiana State Game Notes
- The Sycamores have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Indiana State is 36-22 in close games.
- Indiana State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording two or fewer steals.
- The Sycamores have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 38.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Indiana State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 67 or more total points this season, Indiana State has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- ISU set a season low for steals (two).
- The Sycamores have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Jake Odum accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jake Odum and R.J. Mahurin) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Jake Odum has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 4 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Jake Odum's career.
- Jake Odum has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jake Odum had a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
- R.J. Mahurin had a career high with eight rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Dawon Cummings.
Missouri State Game Notes
- The Bears won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Missouri State is 24-33 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Marcus Marshall and Christian Kirk) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Keith Pickens and Anthony Downing) accounted for 53.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Marcus Marshall has led the team in scoring seven times in 26 games this season.
- Keith Pickens has led the team in rebounding eight times in 26 games this season.
- Anthony Downing set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.