Wright State lost in front of the home crowd against Valparaiso 68-61 in conference play on Tuesday, February 12th. The Raiders are now 0-2 against Valparaiso this season. The Raiders got a career-high 23 points and six rebounds from AJ Pacher. Miles Dixon got 13 points. Kevin Van Wijk finished with a team-high 20 points and nine rebounds for the Crusaders. Next up for Wright State (17-8, 8-5 Horizon) is Cleveland State (12-14, 4-8 Horizon) on Wednesday, February 20th on the road.
Wright State Game Notes
- Wright State started 17-9 during the 2010 and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- When the opposition records 23 or more field goals made this season, Wright State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- The Raiders have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Wright State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--WSU has a 6.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- AJ Pacher accounted for 37.7 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (10).
- The bench recorded more points (45) than the starters (16).
- AJ Pacher has led the team in rebounding in four out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of AJ Pacher's career.
Valparaiso Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kevin Van Wijk and Matt Kenney) accounted for 51.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Van Wijk and Bobby Capobianco) accounted for 51.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Kevin Van Wijk has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding six times in 26 games this season.
- Ryan Broekhoff has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Kevin Van Wijk's career.