Loyola (IL) 50
(13-12, 6-7 away)
(6-20, 6-8 home)
Venue: Klotsche Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||J Hicks 12
||C Thomas 9
||M O`Leary 5
||P Gulley 21
||J Aaron 6
||J Aaron 5
On Tuesday, February 12th, Milwaukee smoked Loyola (Chicago) 71-53 in Horizon action. Milwaukee went into the locker room trailing 27-22, but the tide turned in the second half and they were too much for Loyola (Chicago) to handle. With the win, the Panthers tie the season series against Loyola (Chicago) at 1-1. Jordan Aaron led the Panthers and put up 16 points plus six rebounds. Demetrius Harris had eight points and added four rebounds. For the Ramblers, Christian Thomas finished with 10 points and nine rebounds. Milwaukee (6-20, 2-10 Horizon) heads to Youngstown State (14-11, 6-6 Horizon) on Friday, February 15th.
Milwaukee Game Notes
- UWM beat the spread by 12 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- The Panthers have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 24 or more free throws made.
- The Panthers set season highs for blocks (11), field goal percentage (46.7), and rebounds (44).
- The last time UWM recorded at least 44 rebounds was Jan 26, 2012 against Butler.
- The Panthers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 10 games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Panthers came back after being down at halftime.
- Paris Gulley recorded a team season high in free throws made with 13 and free throws attempted with 16.
- J.J. Panoske tallied a team season high in blocks with seven.
- Paris Gulley accounted for 35.0 percent of the team's points.
- Paris Gulley has led the team in scoring in nine out of 26 games this season.
- J.J. Panoske has led the team in rebounding in five out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Paris Gulley's career.
- Paris Gulley has three straight double-digit point games.
- Paris Gulley had a career high with 13 free throws made.
- Ryan Haggerty had a career high with four steals.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- This loss extended the Ramblers losing streak to four games.
- Devon Turk recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with nine.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Hicks and Nick Osborne) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Christian Thomas and Jeff White) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Christian Thomas has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 25 games this season.
- Devon Turk has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Devon Turk.
- Christian Thomas has 10 straight double-digit point games.