Cleveland State 62
(12-14, 2-11 away)
(17-9, 12-2 home)
Venue: Calihan Hall
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||B Forbes 14
||M Mason 8
||C Lee 3
||N Minnerath 34
||R McCallum 13
||R McCallum 8
On Tuesday, Feb. 12, Cleveland State was outrebounded 46-25 by Detroit and was trounced by the Titans 92-62 in conference play. By halftime, Cleveland State was already out of it, with the score 42-24. The team struggled in the second half as well and Detroit maintained the big win. The Vikings even the season series against Detroit at 1-1 with the loss. Marlin Mason got 11 points and eight rebounds in the loss. Devon Long had nine points and added two rebounds. Ray McCallum registered a double-double for the Titans on 16 points and 13 rebounds (8 Ast 4 Stl). Cleveland State (12-14, 4-8 Horizon) hosts Green Bay (13-12, 7-5 Horizon) on Friday, Feb. 15.
Cleveland State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:37 left to go.
- Cleveland State started 12-14 during the 2001 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Cleveland State has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-12) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Cleveland State has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- CSU set a season low for steals (two).
- The Vikings have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- Cleveland State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Bryn Forbes and Marlin Mason) accounted for 40.3 percent of the points.
- Marlin Mason accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (seven).
- Bryn Forbes has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 26 games this season.
- Marlin Mason has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 26 games this season.
Detroit Game Notes
- Nick Minnerath recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12 and offensive rebounds with six.
- Ray McCallum tallied a team season high in rebounds with 13 and offensive rebounds with seven.
- Nick Minnerath accounted for 36.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ray McCallum and Nick Minnerath) accounted for 54.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Nick Minnerath has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Ray McCallum has led the team in rebounding seven times in 26 games this season.
- Ray McCallum recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ray McCallum has six straight double-digit point games.
- Ray McCallum recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and fifth of his career.
- Ray McCallum set career highs with 13 rebounds and seven offensive rebounds.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Nick Minnerath's career.
- Nick Minnerath recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
- Nick Minnerath set career highs with 12 field goals made and 12 rebounds.
- Jason Calliste has four straight double-digit point games.
|B-||J. Howard Jr.||19||6||3||1||0||0||1|