Cleveland State 62
(12-14, 2-11 away)
(17-9, 12-2 home)
Venue: Calihan Hall
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||B Forbes 14
||M Mason 8
||C Lee 3
||N Minnerath 34
||R McCallum 13
||R McCallum 8
Detroit outrebounded Cleveland State 46-25 and thumped the Vikings 92-62 in Horizon action on Tuesday, Feb. 12. The game was never in question, with Detroit taking an insurmountable 42-24 lead into the locker room at halftime. With the win, the Titans even the season series against Cleveland State at 1-1. Ray McCallum got 16 points and 13 rebounds (8 Ast 4 Stl) for the Titans, earning a double-double. Nick Minnerath played his way to a double-double as well with a game-high 34 points and 12 rebounds. For the Vikings, Marlin Mason got 11 points and eight rebounds. Detroit (17-9, 9-4 Horizon) gets Valparaiso (20-6, 10-2 Horizon) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Detroit Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:37 left to go.
- Detroit beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Titans have beaten the spread.
- This was the fifth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Detroit has been on the winning end of 17 blowout games.
- The Titans have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 92 or more total points.
- Detroit has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- Detroit has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 18.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Detroit has won 74 percent of the time (14-5) when Ray McCallum has 16 points or more and 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Jason Calliste has five free throws made or more.
- The Titans set a season high for rebounds (46).
- Detroit set a season low for blocks (one).
- Detroit has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Detroit has a 15.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Nick Minnerath recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12 and offensive rebounds with six.
- Ray McCallum tallied a team season high in rebounds with 13 and offensive rebounds with seven.
- Nick Minnerath accounted for 36.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ray McCallum and Nick Minnerath) accounted for 54.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Nick Minnerath has led the team in scoring in five out of 26 games this season.
- Ray McCallum has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 26 games this season.
- Ray McCallum recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ray McCallum has six straight double-digit point games.
- Ray McCallum recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and fifth of his career.
- Ray McCallum had career highs with 13 rebounds and seven offensive rebounds.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Nick Minnerath's career.
- Nick Minnerath recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
- Nick Minnerath had career highs with 12 field goals made and 12 rebounds.
- Jason Calliste has four straight double-digit point games.
Cleveland State Game Notes
- This was the sixth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, CSU has been on the losing end of 10 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Bryn Forbes and Marlin Mason) accounted for 40.3 percent of the points.
- Marlin Mason accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (seven).
- Bryn Forbes has led the team in scoring 12 times in 26 games this season.
- Marlin Mason has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 26 games this season.
|B-||J. Howard Jr.||19||6||3||1||0||0||1|