(15-10, 6-6 away)
(19-6, 13-4 home)
Venue: Fifth Third Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||J Pinkston 12
||J Pinkston 8
||R Arcidiacono 5
||J Parker 19
||S Kilpatrick 8
||C Wright 4
Villanova was crushed by Cincinnati 68-50 in conference play on a night when the Bearcats scored 36 points from three-point territory. Villanova was only down 32-29 at the break, but Cincinnati broke it open in the second half and won by a big margin. The Wildcats were led by JayVaughn Pinkston, who put up a team-high 12 points and eight rebounds. Ryan Arcidiacono had seven points and added five assists. For the Bearcats, Sean Kilpatrick finished with a game-high 19 points and eight rebounds. Next up for Villanova (15-10, 6-6 Big East) is Connecticut (16-6, 6-4 Big East) on Saturday, February 16th on the road.
Villanova Game Notes
- Villanova started 15-10 during the 2002 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Villanova has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording three or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 48.0 percent or better this season, Villanova has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Villanova set a season low for free throws made (seven).
- The Wildcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (JayVaughn Pinkston and Mouphtaou Yarou) accounted for 44.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (James Bell and JayVaughn Pinkston) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has led the team in scoring in seven out of 25 games this season.
- James Bell has led the team in rebounding in six out of 25 games this season.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has three straight double-digit point games.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Sean Kilpatrick and JaQuon Parker) accounted for 55.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sean Kilpatrick and JaQuon Parker) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding seven times in 25 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- JaQuon Parker set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.