Virginia Tech 55
(11-13, 2-6 away)
(18-6, 15-1 home)
Venue: John Paul Jones Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||E Green 22
||C Raines 8
||E Green 2
||J Harris 26
||A Mitchell 8
||J Evans 6
Virginia squared off with Virginia Tech on Tuesday, Feb. 12 and smoked the Hokies 73-55 in ACC action. The Cavaliers remain unbeaten against Virginia Tech this season at 2-0. Akil Mitchell played well for the Cavaliers and got 17 points and eight rebounds. Joe Harris put up his third straight game with 21 points or more, scoring a career-high 26 points on 58.3 percent shooting in 32 minutes. Erick Green finished with a team-high 22 points and five rebounds for the Hokies. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when Virginia (18-6, 8-3 ACC) travels to North Carolina (16-7, 6-4 ACC).
Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:12 left to go.
- The last time UVA started the season 18-6 was 2000.
- The win over Virginia Tech extended the Virginia winning streak to three games.
- UVA beat the spread by four points. That makes the 15th time this season the Cavaliers have beaten the spread.
- The Cavaliers have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Virginia has won every game this season (8-0) when its three-point percentage has been 47.4 percent or better.
- UVA has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.6 percent field goal percentage.
- UVA has won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- This season Virginia has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Akil Mitchell plays 34 minutes or more, 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Joe Harris has seven field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Justin Anderson has four free throws made or more.
- UVA set a season low for turnovers (six).
- The Cavaliers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--UVA has a 17.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Joe Harris recorded a team season high in points with 26.
- Joe Harris accounted for 35.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Akil Mitchell and Jontel Evans) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Joe Harris has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 24 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Joe Harris's career.
- Joe Harris has three straight 20+ point games.
- Joe Harris had career highs with 26 points and five three-pointers.
- Jontel Evans had a career high with seven rebounds.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- This loss extended the Hokies losing streak to seven games.
- Erick Green accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's points.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring 22 times in 24 games this season.
- Cadarian Raines has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 29th 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has three straight 20+ point games.
- Cadarian Raines set a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
|C-||J. van Zegeren||14||0||4||0||0||1||1|