(7-18, 3-10 away)
Holy Cross 66
(11-13, 6-5 home)
Venue: Hart Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||W Smith 19
||W Smith 8
||T Dunbar 7
||J Burrell 14
||E Obeysekere 9
||D Goens 5
On Tuesday, February 12th, Holy Cross took on Navy and topped the Midshipmen 66-57 in conference play. With a record of 2-0, the Crusaders remain undefeated against Navy this season. The Crusaders got the win with six points and five assists from Dee Goens. Dave Dudzinski also had a solid game, scoring 13 points and adding eight rebounds. Worth Smith finished with a career-high 19 points and eight rebounds for the Midshipmen. Holy Cross (11-13, 3-6 Patriot) travels to American University (9-14, 4-4 Patriot) on Sunday, February 17th.
Holy Cross Game Notes
- The last time HC started the season 11-13 was 2011.
- The Crusaders have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 66 or more total points.
- HC has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- This season Holy Cross has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Justin Burrell has three three-pointers or more.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--HC has a 2.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Justin Burrell and Dave Dudzinski) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Eric Obeysekere and Dave Dudzinski) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Justin Burrell has led the team in scoring in eight out of 24 games this season.
- Eric Obeysekere has led the team in rebounding in five out of 24 games this season.
- Dave Dudzinski has eight straight double-digit point games.
Navy Game Notes
- This loss extended the Midshipmen losing streak to six games.
- Worth Smith accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Worth Smith and Will Kelly) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Worth Smith has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 18 times in 25 games this season.
- Worth Smith has five straight double-digit point games.
- Worth Smith set a career high with 19 points.