Seton Hall 55
(13-12, 4-8 away)
(13-10, 10-5 home)
Venue: Louis Brown Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||F Edwin 18
||G Teague 7
||T Maayan 4
||E Carter 14
||K Jack 8
||D Miller 4
On Tuesday, February 12th, Rutgers took on Seton Hall and won a nail-biter over the Pirates 57-55 in conference action. Eli Carter led the Scarlet Knights and put up a team-high 14 points and four rebounds. Kadeem Jack also had a solid outing, scoring four points and adding eight rebounds. Fuquan Edwin got a game-high 18 points and six rebounds for the Pirates. Next up for Rutgers (13-10, 4-8 Big East) is DePaul (10-13, 1-9 Big East) on Saturday, February 16th on the road.
Rutgers Game Notes
- Rutgers started 13-10 during the 2005 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The Scarlet Knights have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Rutgers is 26-28 in close games.
- The Scarlet Knights have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 16 or more free throws made.
- Rutgers has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Rutgers has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when its three-point percentage has been 38.5 percent or better.
- Rutgers has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.7 percent field goal percentage.
- Rutgers has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- This season Rutgers has won 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Eli Carter has 14 points or more.
- The Scarlet Knights set a season high for blocks (11).
- The last time Rutgers recorded at least 11 blocks was Dec 12, 2011 against Monmouth.
- Rutgers has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Rutgers has a 2.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Eli Carter and Myles Mack) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- Eli Carter has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 23 games this season.
- Kadeem Jack has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 23 games this season.
- Eli Carter has five straight double-digit point games.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- The Pirates have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Seton Hall is 30-28 in close games.
- This loss extended the Pirates losing streak to six games.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 32.7 percent of the team's points.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring 14 times in 25 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 25 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has four straight double-digit point games.