Seton Hall 55
(13-12, 4-8 away)
(13-10, 10-5 home)
Venue: Louis Brown Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||F Edwin 18
||G Teague 7
||T Maayan 4
||E Carter 14
||K Jack 8
||D Miller 4
Seton Hall let one slip away to Rutgers 57-55 in conference play on Tuesday, February 12th. The Pirates got a game-high 18 points and six rebounds from Fuquan Edwin. Gene Teague also had a decent showing, scoring 12 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Scarlet Knights, Eli Carter got a team-high 14 points and four rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Pirates. The next game will be on Saturday, February 16th when Seton Hall (13-12, 2-10 Big East) welcomes sixth-ranked Syracuse (20-3, 8-2 Big East).
Seton Hall Game Notes
- Seton Hall started 13-12 during the 2000, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- SHU beat the spread by two points. That makes the 9th time this season the Pirates have beaten the spread.
- The Pirates have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Seton Hall is 30-28 in close games.
- Seton Hall has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- The Pirates have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 36.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Seton Hall has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records 34 or more rebounds this season, Seton Hall has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- Seton Hall has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 32.7 percent of the team's points.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 25 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has four straight double-digit point games.
Rutgers Game Notes
- The Scarlet Knights won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Rutgers is 26-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Eli Carter and Myles Mack) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- Eli Carter has led the team in scoring 12 times in 23 games this season.
- Kadeem Jack has led the team in rebounding nine times in 23 games this season.
- Eli Carter has five straight double-digit point games.