Boston University 64
(14-11, 6-8 away)
(16-8, 8-3 home)
Venue: Patrick Gym
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||J Papale 19
||D Morris 10
||D Irving 6
||C Rugg 12
||B Voelkel 12
||B Voelkel 6
Boston University won on the road versus Vermont 64-59 in America East play on Tuesday, February 12th. The Terriers remain undefeated against Vermont this season at 2-0. Dom Morris picked up a double-double in the Terriers win including 12 points and 10 rebounds. John Papale had a season-high 19 points and added two rebounds. Brian Voelkel recorded a double-double for the Catamounts with 11 points and 12 rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Terriers. Boston University (14-11, 8-4 America East) takes on New Hampshire (6-16, 2-8 America East) on Sunday, February 17th on their home court.
Boston University Game Notes
- The last time BU started the season 14-11 was 2008.
- The win over Vermont extended the Boston University winning streak to three games.
- The Terriers have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Boston University is 25-29 in close games.
- The Terriers have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 39 or more rebounds.
- BU has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record nine or fewer assists.
- BU has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 36.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Boston University has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Dom Morris has 12 points or more and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when John Papale plays 34 minutes or more.
- BU set a season low for steals (three).
- The Terriers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fifth win of the season where the Terriers came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (John Papale and Maurice Watson Jr.) accounted for 51.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dom Morris and D.J. Irving) accounted for 43.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Dom Morris has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- John Papale has three straight double-digit point games.
- Dom Morris recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dom Morris has three straight double-digit point games.
- Dom Morris recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and sixth of his career.
Vermont Game Notes
- The Catamounts have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Vermont is 29-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Trey Blue and Clancy Rugg) accounted for 40.6 percent of the points.
- Brian Voelkel accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Trey Blue has led the team in scoring three times in 24 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- Clancy Rugg has three straight double-digit point games.
- Brian Voelkel recorded the 39th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brian Voelkel recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and ninth of his career.
|A||M. Watson Jr.||31||14||6||3||0||0||2|