(14-13, 9-8 away)
James Madison 75
(15-12, 11-4 home)
Venue: JMU Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 12, 2013
||M Damas 19
||B Dixon 13
||J Hairston 3
||A Davis 17
||R Goins 8
||D Moore 10
On Tuesday, February 12th, James Madison turned the ball over just five times and knocked off Towson 75-70 in CAA play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Devon Moore picked up a double-double in the win with 13 points and 10 assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). A.J. Davis also put in a solid contribution, scoring a team-high 17 points and adding four rebounds. Bilal Dixon registered a double-double for the Tigers with 13 points and 13 rebounds. Next up for James Madison (15-12, 9-5 CAA) is Delaware (12-12, 7-4 CAA) on Sunday, February 17th on the road.
James Madison Game Notes
- The last time JMU started the season 15-12 was 1996.
- JMU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Dukes have beaten the spread.
- The Dukes have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, James Madison is 24-37 in close games.
- The Dukes have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording 15 or more assists.
- James Madison has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when its field goal percentage has been 46.4 percent or better.
- JMU has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 29.4 percent three-point percentage.
- JMU has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) when opponents record five or fewer three-pointers.
- This season James Madison has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when A.J. Davis has 17 points or more and 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Devon Moore plays 37 minutes or more.
- JMU set a season low for turnovers (five).
- This is the 13th game at home this season--JMU has a 10.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (A.J. Davis and Andre Nation) accounted for 41.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rayshawn Goins and A.J. Davis) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- A.J. Davis has led the team in scoring in five out of 27 games this season.
- Rayshawn Goins has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 27 games this season.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Devon Moore's career.
- Devon Moore has four straight double-digit point games.
- Devon Moore recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and third of his career.
Towson Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Towson is 23-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Marcus Damas and Bilal Dixon) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jerrelle Benimon and Bilal Dixon) accounted for 59.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Marcus Damas has led the team in scoring four times in 27 games this season.
- Jerrelle Benimon has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 27 games this season.
- Jerrelle Benimon recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jerrelle Benimon recorded a double-double. It was the 18th of his career.
- Marcus Damas has six straight double-digit point games.
- Bilal Dixon recorded the 27th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Bilal Dixon recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and 14th of his career.
- Mike Burwell has three straight double-digit point games.