Stony Brook held Binghamton to only 29% from the floor and won big against the Bearcats 73-47 in conference action on Tuesday, February 12th. With the win, the Seawolves stay undefeated against Binghamton this season at 2-0. The Seawolves got the win with 12 points and six assists from Carson Puriefoy. Tommy Brenton had six points and added 14 rebounds. Jordan Reed registered a double-double for the Bearcats on a team-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Stony Brook (18-6, 9-2 America East) is Vermont (16-7, 9-2 America East) on Friday, February 15th at home.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:29 left to go.
- This was the fifth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, STKNY has been on the winning end of 23 blowout games.
- The Seawolves have won every game this season (4-0) after recording nine or more three-pointers.
- Stony Brook has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when its three-point percentage has been 40.9 percent or better.
- Stony Brook has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- STKNY has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 47 or fewer total points.
- STKNY has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 26.7 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Stony Brook has won 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Anthony Jackson has 12 points or more, 81 percent of the time (13-3) when Jameel Warney has four field goals made or more, and 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Tommy Brenton has five assists or more.
- The Seawolves set a season high for assists (19).
- The last time STKNY recorded at least 19 assists was Feb 01, 2012 against Binghamton.
- Stony Brook has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- Tommy Brenton accounted for 30.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dave Coley has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 24 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 24 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton recorded the 47th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Anthony Jackson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Jackson had a career high with four three-pointers.
Binghamton Game Notes
- This was the 11th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Binghamton has been on the losing end of 39 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Bearcats losing streak to six games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Reed and Javon Ralling) accounted for 51.0 percent of the points.
- Jordan Reed accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Reed has led the team in scoring 18 times and in rebounding 19 times in 25 games this season.
- Jordan Reed recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Reed has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Reed recorded a double-double. It was the 10th of his career.