Towson vs. James Madison: Full Game Preview
|Towson||J Benimon 16.8||J Benimon 11.4||J Benimon 2.6|
|James Madison||R Goins 13.7||R Goins 7.7||D Moore 4.5|
On Tuesday, Towson visits JMU Convocation Center to take on James Madison. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CSN-MA/NE, CSS or TCN. The Tigers defeated the Dukes 73-47 on Jan. 19 and are 3-6 against them over the past four years.
James Madison is in fourth place in the CAA and needs to catch Towson, who is currently in second place.
In a 90-82 triumph over Georgia State on Feb. 9, Rafriel Guthrie put up 23 points and 6 assists for the Tigers. In addition to his 8.4 points per game, he is also chipping in 2.7 rebounds per game. For the Dukes, Charles Cooke finished with 16 points and 6 rebounds in the 60-48 loss to Drexel on Feb. 10. He contributes 2.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.8 points per game. A key area of strength for James Madison is turnover percentage at 18.2 percent, which ranks first in their conference (and 66th nationally).
James Madison StatSmack
- Bilal Dixon is ranked 7th in the CAA in rebounds and 7th in the CAA in blocks.
- Towson has a better record on the road than James Madison this season (7-7 vs. 2-8).
- The Towson blocks leader (Jerrelle Benimon, 54 blocks) has more blocks than the James Madison blocks leader (Andre Nation, 30 blocks).
- Towson has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than James Madison ($13,245 vs. $18,183).
- Towson has a stronger schedule than James Madison this season (SOS Rank: No. 201 vs. No. 312).
- Towson has a better record in close games than James Madison this season (8-4 vs. 3-4).
- Towson has an average margin of victory of 11 over James Madison in 11 wins since 1980.
- The Towson scoring leader (Jerrelle Benimon, 437 points) has more points than the James Madison scoring leader (Rayshawn Goins, 342 points).
- Even computers respect Towson more. Towson has a better RPI this season than James Madison (RPI: No. 161 vs. No. 226).
- Towson attacks the glass, with more rebounds (39.9 per game vs. 33.2 per game) than James Madison this season.
- Boom! Towson humiliated James Madison by 26 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).