CS Bakersfield vs. Texas at San Antonio: Full Game Preview
|CS Bakersfield||S Carter 15.9||A Young 5.0||B Williams 3.3|
|Texas at San Antonio||K Burrage 18.0||J Hill 6.4||M Hale III 3.8|
On Tuesday, Texas-San Antonio hosts Cal State Bakersfield at UTSA Convocation Center. The game starts at 8 p.m. EST. The Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners fell to the Cal State Bakersfield Roadrunners 85-52 on Dec. 1. Texas-San Antonio has lost five straight.
The Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners were defeated by Texas-Arlington 68-63 on Feb. 9 despite 22 points and 5 rebounds from Kannon Burrage. He leads the team with 18 points per game. In an 82-71 victory over CS-San Marcos on Feb. 9, Stephon Carter put up 23 points for the Cal State Bakersfield Roadrunners. He leads the team in points with 15.9 per game and steals with 2.3 per game. Cal State Bakersfield ranks first in their conference in turnover percentage at 20.3 percent, which also places them 181st in the country.
Cal State Bakersfield StatSmack
- The WAC has 3 teams - Denver (16.1), Seattle (14.8), and Utah State (14.7) - that average more assists per game than Independents leader, New Orleans (14.3).
- The WAC has had 15 more NCAA Tournament teams than Independents over the past 10 years.
- The worst team in the WAC has a much higher RPI than the worst team in Independents (No. 285 vs. No. 345).
- Texas-San Antonio is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Texas-San Antonio is 201 lbs compared to 193 lbs for Cal State Bakersfield.
- Texas-San Antonio has more wins over the last 5 years than Cal State Bakersfield (94 vs. 57).
- The Texas-San Antonio scoring leader (Kannon Burrage, 414 points) has more points than the Cal State Bakersfield scoring leader (Stephon Carter, 381 points).
- The WAC has a much better average team RPI than Independents (178 vs. 307).
- The WAC has 2 teams - Denver (9.0) and Louisiana Tech (8.8) - that create more steals per game than Independents leader, New Orleans (8.5).
- The WAC has 4 teams - Idaho (73.7 percent), Denver (73.1 percent), Utah State (72.0 percent), and Louisiana Tech (71.8 percent) - that shoot a better free throw percentage than Independents leader, Cal State Bakersfield (69.6 percent).
- The Texas-San Antonio assist leader (Michael Hale III, 80 assists) has more assists than the Cal State Bakersfield assist leader (Britton Williams, 77 assists).
- The WAC has 4 teams - Denver (1.4), Utah State (1.15), Louisiana Tech (1.08), and Idaho (0.99) - that have a better assist-to-turnover ratio than Independents leader, Cal State Bakersfield (0.86).
|C+||M. Hale III||35||16||3||4||1||0||3|