Alabama vs. Georgia: Full Game Preview
|Alabama||T Releford 14.9||R Cooper 4.4||T Lacey 3.2|
|Georgia||K Caldwell-Pope 17.5||K Caldwell-Pope 6.3||C Mann 2.9|
Georgia plays host to Alabama at Stegeman Coliseum on Tuesday. Tipoff is at 9 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Bulldogs are 1-4 against the Crimson Tide over the last four years. They lost 74-59 the last time they played (Jan. 7, 2012).
Georgia is in fifth place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on third place Alabama.
In a 52-46 triumph over Texas A&M on Feb. 9, Nemanja Djurisic put up 13 points for the Bulldogs. He is averaging 7.7 points and 3.8 rebounds per game. In a 60-57 victory over LSU on Feb. 9, Nick Jacobs put up 15 points and 5 rebounds for the Crimson Tide. He is averaging 6.7 points and 3.2 rebounds per game.
- Georgia has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Alabama (No. 19 vs. No. 89).
- The Georgia steals leader (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, 52 steals) has more steals than the Alabama steals leader (Trevor Releford, 41 steals).
- Georgia has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Alabama (No. 8 vs. No. 82).
- Georgia has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Alabama ($14,766 vs. $23,964).
- Over the past 10 years, Georgia has had more players drafted by the NBA than Alabama (four vs. three).
- Georgia has an average margin of victory of 8 over Alabama in 22 wins since 1980.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is ranked 2nd in the SEC in points, 2nd in the SEC in three-pointers, and 30th nationally in steals.
- The Georgia three-point leader (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, 56 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Alabama three-point leader (Trevor Lacey, 41 three-pointers).
- Georgia has a stronger schedule than Alabama this season (SOS Rank: No. 50 vs. No. 63).
- The Georgia scoring leader (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, 402 points) has more points than the Alabama scoring leader (Trevor Releford, 313 points).