|Indiana State||J Odum 14.2||J Gant 5.0||J Odum 4.4|
|Missouri State||A Downing 13.8||K Pickens 4.3||A Downing 2.7|
Indiana State heads to JQH Arena on Tuesday to take on Missouri State. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. EST and you can see it on FSN-MW or ESPN3.com. The Sycamores defeated the Bears 68-60 on Jan. 16 and are 7-3 against them over the past four years.
Indiana State is in first place in the conference, Missouri State is in eigth place.
The Sycamores got past Southern Illinois 66-65 on Feb. 9 with the help of 16 points from R.J. Mahurin. He is averaging 9.8 points and 4 rebounds per game. The Bears were defeated by Wichita State 79-50 on Feb. 9 despite 19 points from Marcus Marshall. He contributes 2.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.2 points per game.
Indiana State has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Sycamores have an edge over the Bears, 67 points per game to 59 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Missouri State performs well in turnover percentage at 16.7 percent. This ranks first in the conference and 18th in the country.
Missouri State StatSmack
- Indiana State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Indiana State is 77.5 inches compared to 76.4 inches for Missouri State.
- Indiana State has a better conference record than Missouri State this season (9-4 vs. 5-8).
- Indiana State has a potent offense, scoring more points (67.9 per game vs. 59.6 per game) than Missouri State this season.
- The Indiana State rebounding leader (Justin Gant, 120 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Missouri State rebounding leader (Anthony Downing, 108 rebounds).
- It's only wins and losses, but Indiana State has a better overall record than Missouri State this season (16-8 vs. 7-18).
- Indiana State is a better shooting team (44.5 percent vs. 40.3 percent) than Missouri State this season.
- A for effort, but Indiana State has emerged victorious against Missouri State the last two times they've played.
- Indiana State has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (53.2 percent to 52.8 percent).
- Justin Gant is ranked 8th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.