|Binghamton||J Reed 16.1||J Reed 8.8||J Gray 3.7|
|Stony Brook||J Warney 12.1||T Brenton 8.1||T Brenton 4.8|
Stony Brook takes on Binghamton on Tuesday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. The Seawolves defeated the Bearcats 62-37 on Jan. 9 and are 6-4 against them over the past four years.
Stony Brook is currently in second place in the conference and Binghamton is in ninth.
The Seawolves were defeated by Hartford 60-55 on Feb. 10 despite 21 points and 9 rebounds from Jameel Warney. He paces the team in points per game with 12.1, and blocks per game with 1.6. For the Bearcats, Jordan Reed put up 17 points and 11 rebounds in the 79-58 loss to Boston University on Feb. 9. With 16.1 points per game and 8.8 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Stony Brook has a statistical advantage over Binghamton in one significant area, scoring, where the Seawolves have an edge over the Bearcats, 67 points per game to 56 points per game.
- Tommy Brenton is ranked 4th in the America East in rebounds, 2nd in the America East in assists, and 6th in the America East in steals.
- Stony Brook has a potent offense, scoring more points (67.1 per game vs. 56.4 per game) than Binghamton this season.
- Stony Brook is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.0 percent vs. 63.2 percent) than Binghamton this season.
- Stony Brook is better at defending the three (31.7 percent allowed vs. 35.0 percent allowed) than Binghamton this season.
- Stony Brook is a better three-point shooting team (34.0 percent vs. 28.3 percent) than Binghamton this season.
- Stony Brook has a better conference record than Binghamton this season (8-2 vs. 1-10).
- That must sting. Stony Brook has blown out Binghamton by 20 points or more on five occasions since 2009.
- The Stony Brook steals leader (Tommy Brenton, 37 steals) has more steals than the Binghamton steals leader (Jimmy Gray, 36 steals).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Stony Brook currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 900) than Binghamton, per the NCAA.
- Stony Brook has a better record on the road than Binghamton this season (10-5 vs. 1-11).
- Boom! Stony Brook humiliated Binghamton by 25 points the last time they played (Jan 09, 2013).