Seton Hall vs. Rutgers: Full Game Preview
|Seton Hall||F Edwin 17.0||G Teague 7.5||T Maayan 3.5|
|Rutgers||E Carter 15.5||W Judge 5.7||D Miller 2.5|
Rutgers welcomes Seton Hall to Louis Brown Athletic Center on Tuesday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN 2. The Scarlet Knights are 3-6 against the Pirates over the last four years. The last time they played they won 77-72 on Feb. 25, 2012.
Rutgers is in 12th place in the Big East and needs to hold off Seton Hall who sit just south in 13th place.
In spite of 23 points from Eli Carter, the Scarlet Knights came up short 69-63 against Georgetown on Feb. 9. With 15.5 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Pirates, Fuquan Edwin finished with 19 points and 5 steals in the 78-67 loss to Connecticut on Feb. 10. With 17 points per game and 2.6 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Seton Hall StatSmack
- Over the past 10 years, Rutgers has had more players drafted by the NBA than Seton Hall (two vs. zero).
- Rutgers is ranked higher than Seton Hall in the Big East (No. 12 vs. No. 13).
- Rutgers has a stronger schedule than Seton Hall this season (SOS Rank: No. 17 vs. No. 81).
- Rutgers has an average margin of victory of 9 over Seton Hall in 14 wins since 1980.
- Rutgers beat Seton Hall by 5 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- Rutgers has come back to win after being down at half against Seton Hall five times since 2000.
- Even computers respect Rutgers more. Rutgers has a better RPI this season than Seton Hall (RPI: No. 67 vs. No. 118).
- Rutgers is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.3 percent vs. 65.6 percent) than Seton Hall this season.
- The Rutgers blocks leader (Kadeem Jack, 24 blocks) has more blocks than the Seton Hall blocks leader (Brandon Mobley, 21 blocks).