Alabama vs. Georgia: Full Game Preview
|Alabama||T Releford 14.9||R Cooper 4.4||T Lacey 3.2|
|Georgia||K Caldwell-Pope 17.5||K Caldwell-Pope 6.3||C Mann 2.9|
On Tuesday, Alabama travels to Stegeman Coliseum to take on Georgia. It gets started at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Crimson Tide are 4-1 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. The last time they played they won 74-59 on Jan. 7, 2012.
Georgia and Alabama are packed together in the SEC, holding down fifth and third place, respectively.
In a 60-57 triumph over LSU on Feb. 9, Nick Jacobs put up 15 points and 5 rebounds for the Crimson Tide. He contributes 3.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.7 points per game. For the Bulldogs, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope put up 10 points and 6 rebounds in the 52-46 win over Texas A&M on Feb. 9. He puts up a team-leading 17.5 points per game, 6.3 rebounds per game, and 2.3 steals per game.
- The Alabama assist leader (Trevor Lacey, 74 assists) has more assists than the Georgia assist leader (Charles Mann, 66 assists).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Alabama currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 960) than Georgia, per the NCAA.
- A for effort, but Alabama has emerged victorious against Georgia the last three times they've played.
- Alabama is ranked higher than Georgia in the SEC (No. 3 vs. No. 5).
- Alabama has an average margin of victory of 9 over Georgia in 29 wins since 1980.
- Alabama is better under pressure, and has defeated Georgia in five out of the last seven games decided by five points or fewer.
- Trevor Lacey is ranked 7th in the SEC in assists.
- Alabama has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (61.3 percent to 48.7 percent).
- Diaper Dandies love Alabama. Alabama has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Georgia (10 vs. 9).
- Alabama has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Georgia ($29,814 vs. $36,436).
- Alabama is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Alabama is 221 lbs compared to 207 lbs for Georgia.