Valparaiso vs. Wright State: Full Game Preview
|Valparaiso||R Broekhoff 16.8||R Broekhoff 8.0||E Buggs 3.6|
|Wright State||C Darling 11.5||T Sledge 4.7||R Arceneaux 2.9|
Wright State welcomes Valparaiso to Nutter Center on Tuesday. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. EST. The Raiders fell to the Crusaders 69-63 on Jan. 19 and are 6-4 against them over the last four years.
Wright State is in second place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on first place Valparaiso.
In their last outing, behind 18 points and 5 rebounds from Cole Darling, the Raiders blew out Milwaukee 64-49 on Feb. 9. His 11.5 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Crusaders, Ryan Broekhoff put up 15 points in the 80-72 win over Cleveland State on Feb. 9. He contributes a team-leading 16.8 points per game, 8 rebounds per game, and 0.7 blocks per game. The Four Factors in which Valparaiso stands out are effective field goal percentage at 54.7 percent and free throw rate at 43.3 percent.
- Wright State has a better record in close games than Valparaiso this season (5-1 vs. 4-2).
- Wright State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Wright State is 198 lbs compared to 192 lbs for Valparaiso.
- Wright State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Wright State is 76.5 inches compared to 75.5 inches for Valparaiso.
- Wright State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Valparaiso in 11 wins since 1991.
- Jerran Young is ranked 6th in the Horizon in steals.
- Wright State has come back to win after being down at half against Valparaiso three times since 2008.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Wright State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (985 to 968) than Valparaiso, per the NCAA.
- Wright State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (57.4 percent to 55.9 percent).
- Reggie Arceneaux is ranked 8th in the Horizon in three-pointers.
|C+||Kevin Van Wijk||23||13||5||1||1||1||2|