Navy vs. Holy Cross: Full Game Preview
|Navy||W Smith 10.1||W Smith 5.8||T Dunbar 5.1|
|Holy Cross||D Dudzinski 15.7||D Dudzinski 6.9||J Burrell 3.1|
On Tuesday, Holy Cross hosts Navy at Hart Center. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. EST. The Crusaders defeated the Midshipmen 62-47 on Jan. 16 and are 7-2 against them over the past four years.
Navy is in eigth place in the Patriot and nipping at the heels of Holy Cross in seventh place. Holy Cross will be looking to reverse its five-game losing streak.
The Crusaders were defeated by Lehigh 68-61 on Feb. 9 despite 13 points and 5 rebounds from Dave Dudzinski. With 15.7 points per game, 6.9 rebounds per game, and 1 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Midshipmen, Worth Smith finished with 13 points and 5 steals in the 70-47 loss to Lafayette on Feb. 9. He leads the team in points with 10.1 per game, rebounds with 5.8 per game, and blocks with 1.2 per game.
- That must sting. Holy Cross has blown out Navy by 20 points or more on 10 occasions since 2002.
- Holy Cross players are more experienced than Navy players (10,993 minutes played vs. 9,666 minutes played).
- Holy Cross has a stronger schedule than Navy this season (SOS Rank: No. 279 vs. No. 297).
- Holy Cross has an average margin of victory of 15 over Navy in 32 wins since 1980.
- Holy Cross has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Navy (two vs. zero).
- Justin Burrell is ranked 9th in the Patriot in points and 8th in the Patriot in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Holy Cross currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (995 to 987) than Navy, per the NCAA.
- Holy Cross attacks the glass, with more rebounds (34.1 per game vs. 30.3 per game) than Navy this season.
- Holy Cross has more wins over the last 5 years than Navy (75 vs. 69).
- Even computers respect Holy Cross more. Holy Cross has a better RPI this season than Navy (RPI: No. 229 vs. No. 322).
- It's only wins and losses, but Holy Cross has a better overall record than Navy this season (10-13 vs. 7-17).