|Indiana State||J Odum 14.2||J Gant 5.0||J Odum 4.4|
|Missouri State||A Downing 13.8||K Pickens 4.3||A Downing 2.7|
On Tuesday, Missouri State hosts Indiana State at JQH Arena. It takes place at 8 p.m. EST and you can see it on FSN-MW or ESPN3.com. The Bears lost to the Sycamores 68-60 on Jan. 16 and are 3-7 against them over the last four years.
Missouri State is in eigth place in the Missouri Valley, Indiana State is in first place.
In spite of 19 points from Marcus Marshall, the Bears came up short 79-50 against Wichita State on Feb. 9. He is averaging 10.2 points and 2.9 rebounds per game. For the Sycamores, Jake Odum finished with 13 points and 5 assists in the 66-65 win over Southern Illinois on Feb. 9. He puts up a team-leading 14.2 points per game, 4.4 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game.
Indiana State has a statistical edge over Missouri State in a single key area, scoring, where the Sycamores have the upper hand over the Bears, 67 points per game to 59 points per game. One category in which Indiana State is especially proficient is free throw rate at 45.7 percent, ranking first in their conference (and seventh nationally).
Indiana State StatSmack
- That must sting. Missouri State has blown out Indiana State by 20 points or more on seven occasions since 2004.
- The Missouri State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Indiana State (94 percent vs. 67 percent).
- Missouri State has come back to win after being down at half against Indiana State four times since 1996.
- Missouri State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (61.7 percent to 42.4 percent).
- Missouri State has a stronger schedule than Indiana State this season (SOS Rank: No. 38 vs. No. 56).
- Missouri State has an average margin of victory of 12 over Indiana State in 33 wins since 1990.
- The Missouri State scoring leader (Anthony Downing, 345 points) has more points than the Indiana State scoring leader (Jake Odum, 340 points).
- Anthony Downing is ranked 9th in the Missouri Valley in points.
- Missouri State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Missouri State is 204 lbs compared to 197 lbs for Indiana State.