Navy vs. Holy Cross: Full Game Preview
|Navy||W Smith 10.1||W Smith 5.8||T Dunbar 5.1|
|Holy Cross||D Dudzinski 15.7||D Dudzinski 6.9||J Burrell 3.1|
On Tuesday, Navy visits Hart Center to take on Holy Cross. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. The Midshipmen fell to the Crusaders 62-47 on Jan. 16 and are 2-7 against them over the last four years.
Navy is in eigth place in the Patriot and needs to keep pace with Holy Cross, who is currently in seventh place. Navy has lost five straight.
In their last outing, despite 13 points and 5 steals from Worth Smith, the Midshipmen fell to Lafayette 70-47 on Feb. 9. He leads the team in points with 10.1 per game, rebounds with 5.8 per game, and blocks with 1.2 per game. For the Crusaders, Malcolm Miller finished with 10 points and 9 rebounds in the 68-61 loss to Lehigh on Feb. 9. He contributes 5.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.8 points per game.
Holy Cross StatSmack
- Navy has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Holy Cross (No. 19 vs. No. 36).
- Navy has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Holy Cross (No. 85 vs. No. 236).
- The Navy steals leader (Worth Smith, 27 steals) has more steals than the Holy Cross steals leader (Jordan Stevens, 21 steals).
- Brandon Venturini is ranked 5th in the Patriot in three-pointers and 7th in the Patriot in steals.
- The Navy three-point leader (Brandon Venturini, 53 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Holy Cross three-point leader (Phil Beans, 32 three-pointers).
- Navy has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Holy Cross (No. 15 vs. No. 36).
- The Navy assist leader (Tilman Dunbar, 122 assists) has more assists than the Holy Cross assist leader (Justin Burrell, 72 assists).
- Worth Smith is ranked 7th in the Patriot in rebounds, 6th in the Patriot in steals, and 3rd in the Patriot in blocks.
- Navy has come back to win after being down at half against Holy Cross three times since 1999.
- The Navy blocks leader (Worth Smith, 29 blocks) has more blocks than the Holy Cross blocks leader (Dave Dudzinski, 24 blocks).