|Virginia Tech||E Green 25.3||C Raines 6.7||E Green 4.0|
|Virginia||J Harris 15.9||A Mitchell 9.0||J Evans 4.9|
Virginia welcomes Virginia Tech to John Paul Jones Arena on Tuesday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Cavaliers beat the Hokies 74-58 on Jan. 24 and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Virginia is in third place in the conference, Virginia Tech is in 11th place.
In an 80-69 win over Maryland on Feb. 10, Joe Harris put up 22 points for the Cavaliers. His 15.9 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Hokies, Erick Green finished with 28 points and 5 rebounds in the 64-54 loss to Georgia Tech on Feb. 9. He contributes a team-leading 25.3 points per game, 4 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game.
Virginia Tech StatSmack
- Virginia is a better three-point shooting team (38.8 percent vs. 31.7 percent) than Virginia Tech this season.
- Even computers respect Virginia more. Virginia has a better RPI this season than Virginia Tech (RPI: No. 102 vs. No. 163).
- AP voters think more highly of Virginia and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Virginia Tech (27 vs. 10).
- Virginia is better under pressure, and has defeated Virginia Tech in eight out of the last 12 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Virginia is ranked higher than Virginia Tech in the ACC (No. 3 vs. No. 12).
- Joe Harris is ranked 5th in the ACC in points and 5th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- The Virginia three-point leader (Joe Harris, 51 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Virginia Tech three-point leader (Erick Green, 41 three-pointers).
- Darion Atkins is ranked 10th in the ACC in blocks.
- Virginia does a better job contesting shots (37.0 percent allowed vs. 41.6 percent allowed) than Virginia Tech this season.
- Virginia allows fewer rebounds (29.9 allowed per game vs. 39.0 allowed per game) than Virginia Tech this season.
- Boom! Virginia humiliated Virginia Tech by 16 points the last time they played (Jan 24, 2013).
|D+||J. van Zegeren||16||4||3||0||0||1||1|