|Towson||J Benimon 16.8||J Benimon 11.4||J Benimon 2.6|
|James Madison||R Goins 13.7||R Goins 7.7||D Moore 4.5|
James Madison welcomes Towson to JMU Convocation Center on Tuesday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CSN-MA/NE, CSS or TCN. The Dukes fell to the Tigers 73-47 on Jan. 19 and are 6-3 against them over the last four years.
James Madison is in fourth place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with second place Towson.
The Dukes were defeated by Drexel 60-48 on Feb. 10 despite 16 points and 6 rebounds from Charles Cooke. He is averaging 5.8 points and 2.6 rebounds per game. For the Tigers, Bilal Dixon finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds in the 90-82 win over Georgia State on Feb. 9. He contributes 7 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.7 points per game. A key area of strength for Towson is offensive rebounding percentage at 39.0 percent, which ranks second in their conference (and 18th nationally).
- Devon Moore is ranked 1st in the CAA in assists and 10th in the CAA in steals.
- James Madison has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (50.6 percent to 26.8 percent).
- James Madison has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Towson (No. 19 vs. No. 78).
- The James Madison assist leader (Devon Moore, 112 assists) has more assists than the Towson assist leader (Jerrelle Benimon, 68 assists).
- James Madison has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Towson (No. 25 vs. No. 74).
- Harrisonburg isn't as congested as Baltimore (population is significantly lower).
- Diaper Dandies love James Madison. James Madison has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Towson (3 vs. 0).
- The James Madison steals leader (Andre Nation, 38 steals) has more steals than the Towson steals leader (Jerome Hairston, 28 steals).
- Rayshawn Goins is ranked 10th in the CAA in points and 5th in the CAA in rebounds.
- James Madison has come back to win after being down at half against Towson four times since 2004.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? James Madison currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (924 to 873) than Towson, per the NCAA.