Prairie View A&M 60
(10-15, 2-14 away)
Jackson State 65
(6-16, 3-3 home)
Venue: Williams Assembly Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 11, 2013
|Prairie View A&M
|Prairie View A&M
||J DeMuynck 12
||J DeMuynck 6
||J Montgomery 2
||C Williams 17
||K Howard 7
||J Lewis 4
On Monday, February 11th, Prairie View A&M took on Jackson State and lost to the Tigers 65-60 in conference play. The Panthers tie the season series against Jackson State at 1-1 with the loss. Demondre Chapman put up six points plus five rebounds in the loss. Jourdan DeMuynck had 12 points and added six rebounds. Jeff Stubbs finished with eight points and four rebounds for the Tigers. The next game will be on Saturday, February 16th when Prairie View A&M (10-15, 5-7 SWAC) hosts Mississippi Valley State (4-19, 4-9 SWAC).
Prairie View A&M Game Notes
- The Panthers have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Prairie View A&M is 22-28 in close games.
- Prairie View A&M has lost 83 percent of the time this season (2-10) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Prairie View A&M has lost 77 percent of the time (3-10).
- PVAMU set a season low for rebounds (25).
- The top two rebounders (Jourdan DeMuynck and Demondre Chapman) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Jourdan DeMuynck has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 11 times in 25 games this season.
Jackson State Game Notes
- The Tigers won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Jackson State is 26-20 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Christian Williams and Derrell Taylor) accounted for 41.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kelsey Howard and Derrell Taylor) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (15).
- Christian Williams has led the team in scoring six times in 22 games this season.
- Kelsey Howard has led the team in rebounding five times in 22 games this season.
|C+||Carl Blair Jr||32||11||1||2||1||0||4|