Weber State won big against Idaho State 56-40 in conference action on Monday, February 11th. With the win, the Wildcats remain unbeaten against Idaho State this season at 2-0. Kyle Tresnak led the Wildcats and put up a game-high 15 points and seven rebounds. Davion Berry had 14 points and added two rebounds. For the Bengals, Melvin Morgan got a team-high 12 points and four rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Wildcats. Weber State (17-5, 12-2 Big Sky) welcomes Montana (18-4, 14-0 Big Sky) on Thursday, February 14th.
Weber State Game Notes
- The last time Weber State started the season 17-5 was 2002.
- The win over Idaho State extended the Weber State winning streak to four games.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (5-0) after recording eight or more steals.
- Weber State has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 17 or fewer field goals made.
- Weber State has won every game this season (12-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.6 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Weber State has won 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Kyle Tresnak has 15 points or more, 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Davion Berry plays 31 minutes or more, and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Frank Otis has five field goals made or more.
- Weber State set a season low for free throws made (six).
- The Wildcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Weber State has a 24.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Tresnak and Davion Berry) accounted for 51.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Frank Otis and Joel Bolomboy) accounted for 54.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Kyle Tresnak has led the team in scoring in six out of 22 games this season.
- Frank Otis has led the team in rebounding in six out of 22 games this season.
- Davion Berry has six straight double-digit point games.
- Frank Otis recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Frank Otis recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- Frank Otis had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Idaho State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bengals losing streak to seven games.
- The top two scorers (Melvin Morgan and Andre` Hatchett) accounted for 52.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Andre` Hatchett and Melvin Morgan) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Melvin Morgan has led the team in scoring nine times in 23 games this season.
- Andre` Hatchett has led the team in rebounding eight times in 23 games this season.