UMD Eastern Shore 63
(1-19, 0-14 away)
Norfolk State 85
(16-10, 8-1 home)
Venue: Joseph G. Echols Hall
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 11, 2013
|UMD Eastern Shore
|UMD Eastern Shore
||K Mays 20
||T Snyder 10
||I Pitt 4
||P Williams 17
||B Goode 11
||J Fuentes 7
Norfolk State blew out Maryland-Eastern Shore 85-63 in MEAC action on Monday, February 11th. The Spartans now have a record of 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Brandon Goode earned a double-double in the Spartans win with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Riley Maye also had a strong showing, scoring eight points and adding three rebounds. Kevin Mays finished with a game-high 20 points and six rebounds for the Hawks. This makes three wins in a row for the Spartans. Next up for Norfolk State (16-10, 11-0 MEAC) is Hampton (9-13, 6-3 MEAC) on Monday, February 18th on the road.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:53 left to go.
- The win over Maryland-Eastern Shore extended the Norfolk State winning streak to 10 games.
- Norfolk State has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.4 percent or better.
- The Spartans have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 42 or more rebounds.
- NSU has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.0 percent field goal percentage.
- NSU has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record two or fewer blocks.
- This season Norfolk State has won 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Brandon Goode has 12 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Malcom Hawkins has six field goals made or more, and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Jamel Fuentes has five rebounds or more.
- The Spartans set a season high for total points (85).
- The Spartans have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- This is the eighth game at home this season--NSU has a 10.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 26 games this season.
- Brandon Goode has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 26 games this season.
- Brandon Goode recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Goode has three straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Goode recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes
- This was the sixth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, UMES has been on the losing end of 44 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Hawks losing streak to six games.
- Kevin Mays recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 18.
- Kevin Mays accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's points.
- Troy Snyder accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kevin Mays has led the team in scoring five times in 20 games this season.
- Troy Snyder has led the team in rebounding nine times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Kevin Mays's career.
- Troy Snyder recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Troy Snyder.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Olatunji Kosile.
|-||D. Williams II||4||6||0||0||0||0||1|
|B-||K. Lila-St. Rose||12||2||4||1||0||0||0|