(8-17, 3-10 away)
(10-15, 6-8 home)
Venue: McKenzie Arena
7:43PM ET / 4:43PM PT, February 11, 2013
||R Kelly 19
||C Geffrard Jr. 4
||R Kelly 6
||G McGhee 14
||Z Mason 9
||R White 6
On Monday, Feb. 11, Samford was outrebounded 43-22 by Chattanooga and dropped a close one to the Mocs 62-59 in overtime. With the loss, the Bulldogs remain winless against Chattanooga this season at 0-2. The Bulldogs got a good performance from Raijon Kelly, who put up a game-high 19 points and six assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). Tim Williams had 13 points and added four rebounds. For the Mocs, Z Mason got seven points and nine rebounds. Next up for Samford (7-18, 0-1 SoCon) is Wofford (10-16, 4-9 SoCon) on Thursday, Feb. 14 at home.
Samford Game Notes
- Samford has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bulldogs have played in nine overtime games with a record of 3-6.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Samford is 29-27 in close games.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 19.0 percent or worse.
- Samford has lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after recording 21 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Samford has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 13 or more free throws made this season, Samford has lost 88 percent of the time (2-14).
- The Bulldogs set a season high for steals (10).
- The last time Samford recorded at least 10 steals was Feb 11, 2012 against Elon.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Raijon Kelly accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Raijon Kelly has led the team in scoring in nine out of 25 games this season.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 25 games this season.
- Raijon Kelly has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Williams has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has four straight double-digit point games.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- The Mocs won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Chattanooga is 30-20 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Gee McGhee and Lance Stokes) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- Gee McGhee has led the team in scoring seven times in 25 games this season.
- Z Mason has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 25 games this season.
- Drazen Zlovaric has four straight double-digit point games.
- Gee McGhee has seven straight double-digit point games.
|C+||C. Geffrard Jr.||34||12||4||0||1||0||3|