(8-17, 3-10 away)
(10-15, 6-8 home)
Venue: McKenzie Arena
7:43PM ET / 4:43PM PT, February 11, 2013
||R Kelly 19
||C Geffrard Jr. 4
||R Kelly 6
||G McGhee 14
||Z Mason 9
||R White 6
In a game where they outrebounded the Bulldogs 43-22, Chattanooga won by a slim margin against Samford 62-59 in overtime. With the win, the Mocs remain unbeaten against Samford this season at 2-0. The Mocs were led by Z Mason, who put up seven points and nine rebounds. Drazen Zlovaric also put in a solid effort, scoring 13 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Raijon Kelly finished with a game-high 19 points and six assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 14 when Chattanooga (10-15, 5-7 SoCon) hosts Furman (9-13, 0-0 SoCon).
Chattanooga Game Notes
- The last time UTC started the season 10-15 was 2006.
- Chattanooga has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Mocs have played in eight overtime games with a record of 5-3.
- The Mocs have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Chattanooga is 30-20 in close games.
- The Mocs have won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after recording 43 or more rebounds.
- This season Chattanooga has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Ronrico White has five rebounds or more.
- UTC set season lows for blocks (zero), three-pointers (one), and three-point percentage (7.1).
- Chattanooga has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Mocs came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--UTC has a 0.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Gee McGhee and Lance Stokes) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- Gee McGhee has led the team in scoring in seven out of 25 games this season.
- Z Mason has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 25 games this season.
- Drazen Zlovaric has four straight double-digit point games.
- Gee McGhee has seven straight double-digit point games.
Samford Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Samford is 29-27 in close games.
- Raijon Kelly accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Raijon Kelly has led the team in scoring nine times in 25 games this season.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has led the team in rebounding nine times in 25 games this season.
- Raijon Kelly has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Williams has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has four straight double-digit point games.
|C+||C. Geffrard Jr.||34||12||4||0||1||0||3|