On Monday, February 11th, Northeastern got a road win against William & Mary 68-64 in conference play. The Huskies were led by Joel Smith, who put up a team-high 17 points plus six assists. Reggie Spencer had eight points and added eight rebounds. Tim Rusthoven got 14 points and nine rebounds for the Tribe. This makes three wins in a row for the Huskies. Next up for Northeastern (16-8, 11-1 CAA) is Delaware (12-12, 7-4 CAA) on Wednesday, February 13th at home.
Northeastern Game Notes
- Northeastern started 17-8 during the 2009 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over William & Mary extended the Northeastern winning streak to four games.
- NU beat the spread by three points. That makes the 12th time this season the Huskies have beaten the spread.
- The Huskies have won 11 close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Northeastern is 43-35 in close games.
- The Huskies have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording four or more blocks.
- NU has won every game this season (11-0) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- This season Northeastern has won 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Quincy Ford has 12 points or more and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when David Walker plays 33 minutes or more.
- The Huskies set a season high for three-pointers (12).
- The last time NU recorded at least 12 three-pointers was Feb 14, 2007 against Georgia State.
- The Huskies have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Joel Smith and Quincy Ford) accounted for 42.6 percent of the points.
- Reggie Spencer accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Joel Smith has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 25 games this season.
- Reggie Spencer has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 25 games this season.
- Joel Smith has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Joel Smith had a career high with six assists.
- Quincy Ford has three straight double-digit point games.
William & Mary Game Notes
- The Tribe have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, William & Mary is 30-30 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Britt and Tim Rusthoven) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Tim Rusthoven accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Britt has led the team in scoring six times in 23 games this season.
- Tim Rusthoven has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 23 games this season.
- Marcus Thornton has 23 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Gaillard has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Rusthoven has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Britt has three straight double-digit point games.