Morgan State 53
(8-13, 7-8 away)
(6-19, 5-6 home)
Venue: Burr Gymnasium
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 11, 2013
||I Chiles 16
||J Black 8
||I Chiles 2
||M Phillips 19
||M Phillips 6
||T Lee 5
On Monday, February 11th, Howard took on Morgan State and was edged by the Bears 53-51 in conference play. Mike Phillips put up a game-high 19 points plus six rebounds for the Bison. Anton Dickerson was active from three-point range, going 5 for 7 to get to a season-high 17 points overall. For the Bears, Ian Chiles got a season-high 16 points and seven rebounds. Howard (6-19, 3-8 MEAC) travels to Florida A&M (6-16, 3-6 MEAC) on Saturday, February 16th.
Howard Game Notes
- Howard started 6-19 during the 2009 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The Bison have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Howard is 18-25 in close games.
- Howard has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-14) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- The Bison have lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after having a field goal percentage of 36.0 percent or worse.
- Howard has lost 86 percent of the time this season (2-12) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition commits 20 or fewer turnovers this season, Howard has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records five or more blocks this season, Howard has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Howard has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- The Bison set a season high for three-pointers (six).
- Howard set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Bison have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Bison opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Howard has a 3.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anton Dickerson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with five.
- Mike Phillips accounted for 37.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Phillips and Tre Lee) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Mike Phillips has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 12 times in 25 games this season.
- Mike Phillips has four straight double-digit point games.
Morgan State Game Notes
- The Bears won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Morgan State is 32-36 in close games.
- Blake Bozeman recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with nine.
- Ian Chiles accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Justin Black and Ian Chiles) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Justin Black has led the team in rebounding three times in 21 games this season.
- Justin Black has five straight double-digit point games.
- Ian Chiles set a career high with 16 points.