On Monday, February 11th, Western Carolina slipped by Wofford 57-56 in conference action. Trey Sumler played well for the Catamounts and put up a game-high 26 points and eight rebounds. Tawaski King had nine points and added six rebounds. Spencer Collins finished with a team-high 20 points and four rebounds for the Terriers. Western Carolina (10-15, 7-6 SoCon) takes on North Carolina-Greensboro (7-16, 5-7 SoCon) on Thursday, February 14th on the road.
Western Carolina Game Notes
- Western Carolina started 10-15 during the 2011 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The Catamounts have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Western Carolina is 26-28 in close games.
- WCU has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record eight or fewer assists.
- WCU has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after holding an opponent to under 40.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This is the ninth game at home this season--WCU has a 4.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trey Sumler accounted for 45.6 percent of the team's points.
- Trey Sumler has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 5 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Trey Sumler's career.
- Trey Sumler has four straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Sumler had a career high with nine field goals made.
Wofford Game Notes
- The Terriers have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Wofford is 26-27 in close games.
- Spencer Collins accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- Lee Skinner accounted for 38.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Spencer Collins has led the team in scoring 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Lee Skinner has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 26 games this season.
- Lee Skinner recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Karl Cochran has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Spencer Collins's career.
- Spencer Collins has five straight double-digit point games.